Medicare Part C — Combining Part A & B For Ultimate Medicare Coverage
These are also known as MedAdvantage and Medicare Part C. Medicare Advantage plans combine Part A and Part B, and may even include Part D in one neat bundle. So you’ll have one plan that covers everything from hospital insurance and doctor visits to drugs, vision, dental, hearing and more.
Let’s go over the basics of Medicare Advantage.
Who is Medicare Advantage for?
Medicare Advantage is for anyone who is eligible for a Medicare Insurance Plan – i.e., those who are 65, or who have a disability that makes them eligible. In addition, you need to have Part A and Part B. If you need vision insurance or dental insurance, or find your drug costs mounting, you can get Medicare Part C from Medicare Advantage insurance agents in Washington, and keep the costs down.
What Are The Disadvantages of MedAdvantage?
This is one of the first questions people ask when looking into a MedAdvantage plan.
- Limited Providers. The biggest downside to Medicare Part C is that your options will be limited to doctors, hospitals, and pharmacies that are in the plan’s network.
- Self Pay. Sometimes you can have higher out-of-pocket expenses.
How To Reduce Expenses & Get Comprehensive Care
There is potential to have high out-of-pocket expenses. However, you can make sure you have a plan to meet your needs by consulting an experienced Medicare insurance agent in Washington state.
Our service is.
All you pay for is the premiums, which are the same with or without our help.
What To Do Before Choosing a Medicare Advantage Plan
Before choosing a plan, make sure you know
- If you will be able to use your doctors
- If your plan will cover providers that aren’t in-network
- Which hospitals, specialists and pharmacies are a part of the plan’s network
- Your budget
- Associated costs
- Drug plan Deductibles
- Copays/ Coinsurance
- Maximum out-of-pocket (MOOP) expenses
How to Get a Medicare Advantage Plan?
To get a Medicare Advantage plan you can go to Medicare.gov and choose one yourself, or have a broker help you. Either way, you are not charged for finding a plan, so you may as well enlist the help of a broker.
Why Use A Medicare Advantage Broker?
A Medicare Advantage Agent, supplied by an independent broker, can help you compare costs and needs to make sure the plan you choose is the best option for you. Medicare Insurance Brokers have experience, tools, and access to information that is not readily available to you. This is what we specialize in, so we know the ins and outs of choosing the best Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Easier. You can enlist the help of a broker to make the process easier. A broker will advise you on which plans fulfill your needs now and in the future.
- Stay in your budget. Your Medicare Advantage broker will also take you through the Medicare Advantage plans in Washington state that are within your budget.
- Faster. Another benefit of working with Medicare Advantage agents in Washington is that you’ll need to spend significantly less time
- Choosing a plan
- Completing the enrollment process
- Future help. And should you have any questions about your plan later, they’ll be there to help you so you don’t make any mistakes.
McGregor Benefits is an independent health insurance agency in Washington state with a team of expert Medicare agents. You can explore their profiles online, get their email or phone, and start a conversation directly. If you’re happy with your current plan but need an agent’s help for other reasons, we can help you then as well.
Medicare Insurance FAQs
What is a Medicare Advantage plan and what does it cover?
Medicare Advantage is a combination of Medicare Part A and Part B, and sometimes Part D. It covers just about everything, including some extras that Original Medicare doesn’t.
How much does Medicare Part C cost?
You’ll need to pay at least the standard Part B premium, which is $144.60 in 2020. Apart from that, Medicare Advantage agents in Washington can find you plans with low premiums!
What’s the difference between Medicare Advantage and Medicare supplement?
With Medicare supplement, also known as Medigap insurance, you go to any doctor that takes original medicare. With MedAdvantage plans you must use doctors in-network with that carrier.
What are the advantages of a Medicare Advantage plan?
Some MedAdvantage plans also have coverage for:
- Other benefits
How do I choose a Medicare Advantage plan?
Your Medicare Advantage insurance broker in Washington will help you compare the plans in your service area.
What Medicare Part C plans are available in my area?
You can find out easily once you enter your zip code on the Medicare website.
Medicare annual enrollment period: October 15-December 7
Medicare Advantage open enrollment period: January 1 – March 31
Enroll in Part A and Part B then reach out to one of our Medicare Advantage Broker’s to help with the rest!
Medicare Services We Help With
Prescription Drug Plans can be purchased as a stand product or paired with a Medigap plan. Part D drug plans are offered by private insurance companies to cover prescriptions.